Dealing with chronic constipation can be a challenging task, especially when the colon has become weak and requires retraining to restore normal bowel movements. However, there is a morning smoothie that can help activate your colon and provide the nutrients your body needs to regenerate.
I’ve personally been making this smoothie for years, and it has proven to be effective. I prepare enough to enjoy immediately and also pack some in my thermos to sip around 10 am.
When making this drink, I don’t measure the ingredients precisely. Feel free to follow the same approach and make adjustments as you go along.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- One peeled banana
- 4-5 strawberries or any other berries or fruits of your choice
- One tablespoon of lecithin granules
- One to two teaspoons of flax seed oil
- A mixture of half almond milk and apple juice
In a coffee grinder, grind up approximately a teaspoon (or less) of the following seeds:
- Brown sesame seeds: These seeds are rich in lecithin, vitamin C, vitamin E, and calcium. They promote liver function and help alleviate constipation.
- Sunflower seeds: Known for their high protein content, calcium, and iron, sunflower seeds provide nourishment for the entire body.
- Flax seeds: These seeds are excellent sources of fiber, adding bulk to your stools.
- Almonds: Include around 6-7 almonds or more. They offer calcium, phosphorus, and some B-vitamins. However, be mindful of their calorie content and consume only a few.
After grinding the seeds, add them to the blender along with the rest of the ingredients. Blend everything together for approximately 3-4 minutes. If you prefer a touch of sweetness, you can add a small amount of honey, although the smoothie is naturally sweet without it.
Sometimes, I like to incorporate the powder from a few acidophilus capsules for additional benefits.
If you choose not to include almonds, simply add all the tiny seeds directly to the blender without grinding them. The blender will break them up during the blending process.
This powerful smoothie provides you with the energy you need in the morning and activates your colon to promote regular bowel movements.
Incorporate this morning power smoothie into your routine to combat chronic constipation and enjoy a healthier digestive system. Remember to listen to your body and make any necessary adjustments to suit your preferences.